Tuesday, October 21, 2008

|| Melanie + Dan || September 12, 2008 @ The Channel Club

Well this wedding was really cool. My Dad actually photographed Dan's parents wedding in June of 1973 ( No I didn't assist him that day,I was 3, but if my Mom didn't have a say in it I'm sure he would have had me there. Well They had one of the images from the wedding there on display and its just sooo cool to see that sort of thing. My favorite weddings are the ones that my Dad had shot the parents. What a legacy we have been blessed with. If you watch this slideshow you'll catch me holding the photo of Dan's parents and I even made a cameo with Dan, Melanie and Judy, Dan's Mom.
Oh man ... AND you just have to stick around to the end of the slideshow where we did a Trash The Dress with Melanie and Dan. They did great. Hey guys, thanks so much for this wonderful opportunity , We hope to carry on the tradition, and maybe Molly will shoot your childrens wedding someday?!?!?!



you can order a DVD version of the slideshow by clicking on the DVD button

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG- I can't believe that is my best friend, Melanie! What a hottie! Great pictures John and it was nice seeing you!
Laureen Urbealis-Millevoi

Anonymous said...

John, an awesome job as always! I love how you capture the most intimate and exciting moments of the day without anyone knowing you are there. Awesome "day after" shots... Love all the textures and backgrounds you use in Asbury Park. Absolutely beautiful pictures of Melanie and Dan in the Ocean. They are going to be blown away by these pics, Kudos!!

Fred Koechlin
The Channel Club

Anonymous said...

John,
As a week-end banquet server at Channel Club for the past nine years, I have seen you AT work many times but had never seen YOUR work.
Being the mother of the bride, I have to say that those pictures of Melanie and Dan are just beautiful. The simplicity and candid nature
of theses shots is what makes them so great.
We are very fortunate to live in the shore area with such a talented photographer who knows how to take advantage of this scenic location.
Can't wait to see the proofs, I will park myself on the couch with a glass of wine and enjoy the treat.
Thanks


France Armstrong

John + Lovina Arcara said...

thank you so very much everyone. we had a blast and it really means alot to hear from all of you

Anonymous said...

John,
We can't thank you enough for doing such a wonderful job! You truly have a speical talent. We couln't have picked a better person to do our wedding!
With Love,
Melanie and Dan

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely fabulous!!! I've watched it a couple of times to absorb the energy of the moment. John, I have never seen work like this. Fantastic! It flows with the love that Melanie & Dan have and breathes the spirit of fun they bring to each other lives. How fortunate they are to have it captured by your professional guidence. Melanie & Dan, love you both! Love Aunt Joan