Monday, November 03, 2008

What THEY don't have!

All of you that keep up with this blog knows about My Dad's passing in February. I'll tell ya, this is exactly why we do this. This past weekend we photographed Liz + Tim's wedding @ Ocean Place in Long Branch. Well we don't have the images yet, but , what we do have for me, is priceless. Apparently this is another wedding that my Dad had photographed the Bride's parents wedding in 1979. Just the pride and honor alone we feel while photographing their daughter, is unmatched by any other photographer I would venture to say in the world. THAT, is what they don't have. And this time, we have the actual album. The lovely mother of the bride, Norma, was good enough to make a special trip to our Red Bank Studio to drop of the album that my Father did for them in 1979. You must see this. Its sooo cool. In one of the images in the album you can actually see his camera case in the background of the shot. Now for me this is important, as I remember in my teens , shooting weddings and I would every once in a while get a camera case in the photo , and man he would yell @ me and call me "camera case johnny". Wow, I hated being made fun of like that. Now I would give almost anything for it. Well there it is in print, now I really know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh Dad, or should I call you Camera Case Daddy!!!
And check it out, the camera case that I used for the background is the one pictured in the actual album , and if you look closely you can see his 2 Hasselblads in the photos.
Hey Norma Lovina and I thank you so very much for this. It really means alot...

2 comments:

Sarah Schulte said...

John, that's amazing! What a terrific little piece of your dad that you can look back on.

KamilaHarris said...

wow, that is really cool!!!

And - they had flush-mounts back then???? lol who knew!