Sunday, January 10, 2010

|| Ravi Shankar on the Dick Cavett Show ||

Many of you may know that I have an affinity for music as well as photography. My tastes are very eclectic to say the least. On my playlist you will find everything from Jazz to Punk to French Gangsta Rap & Death Metal. I mean I just LOVE all music. My favorite music is probably World Lounge. I just love anything Indian, Arabic, Afghan, Israeli, Lebanese, Irish whatever. This video is from when George Harrison was a guest on the Dick Cavett Show. Ravi Shankar, who is a world renowned sitar player was the musical guest. Listen to the subtlety of the notes in this music. The beats of the Tabla, the hum of the tones is hypnotizing and erotic. I think its awesome & hope you do too.



Here he is at 90 years old with his daughter, Anoushka.

No comments: