Thursday, January 24, 2008

Its Been a Rough Go Around...

Well as most of you already know, we've had it a little rough here at john arcara photography and beyond. My Dad is still in the hospital and has been since October.
SEE HERE
AND HERE
I know that alot of you out there are praying for him and I can't tell you how much we really appreciate it.
Well we've also just been through the funeral services of a very close friend of our family. Dave Tronco was 42 years old. I've known him for over 25 years. He was a d.j. with my Dad's business Cisco's D.j.'s , but really he was a like a brother. He would come on vacations with us every year since I can remember to Cape May. We would all get on stage and sing karaoke at Carney's. Dinner at The Merion, drinks at the Marquis De Lafayette pool bar. Dave and I had an affinity for anything 80s, Morrissey, The Smiths, The Simpsons. Man we would go on for hours reciting lines from Swingers or Star Wars, oh, and his near perfect Rodney Dangerfield impressions-(those were Lovina's favorite). We always looked forward to any weddings we'd be shooting that Dave would also be D.J.ing at. We would always talk about how he wanted to play "Meat is Murder" by "The Smiths" for the dinner service at weddings... He will be missed so very much.

Well as Dave would say "But Hey, Enough of My yakkin, lets rock!!!" (from the movie "This is Spinal Tap" )
or "Hey man its 10 to we gotta get outta here! excuse me miss can we have the check? hang on Voltaire!" (Swingers)

No comments: